Healthy & Fit Magazine Expo
- Lansing Center, Lansing, Michigan
- September 20, 2014
Saturday, September 14
- 8th Annual Healthy & Fit Magazine Expo is offered between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. in the Lansing Center.
- Sohn Kids’ Races, including a one mile run and a 100 yard sprint take place, with registration and warm-up inside the Healthy & Fit Magazine Expo, and the start of the races at the front of the Lansing Center. Families tend to come early, support their racer(s), and stay at the expo for the day.
- Early registration pick-up available only at the expo for Sunday races. A majority of the Sunday racers come to the expo to pick up their race bib, T-shirt and registration material and then explore the expo
- Cooley 5K Race for Education starts at the Cooley Law School (Lugnut) Stadium and loops around the State Capitol building.
Sunday, September 21
- Impression 5 Half Marathon begins at the Lansing Center and takes runners through a portion of the MSU campus, along the Lansing River Trail and through several scenic parks.
Expo Format and Highlights
- Free admission for the public; supported by vendor registration fees
- Vendors: 10’ x 10’ single aisle booths, end caps and larger spaces are available for vendors, giving them the opportunity to speak face-to-face with an interested client base about their products and services.
- Central to the room: Demo Stage offering 20 minute classes with an emcee on stage every 30 minutes. Classes are offered by registered vendors, and have included classes on Turbokick, Cardio Dance, P90X, Zumba, Kettlebells, Gyrotonic & Gyrokinesis Training, Belly Dancing, and more. Emcee will introduce classes/vendors, and will interview interested vendors on-stage.
- For Children: Tiki-head inflated climbing wall every year, and other activities such as an inflated obstacle course, inflated bouncy house, balance bike obstacle course, enclosed sport area for basketball, jumping rope, floor hockey and more.
Attendance: 2012 counted attendance was close to 4,000 participants. 2013 counted attendance was close to 3,000 participants.
Advertising: The expo is advertised in multiple issues of Healthy & Fit Magazine, a monthly publication; on TV and radio, in local newspapers, with posters in vendor businesses, and mobile billboards.